Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

Jon the mechanic's Discussions (105)

Discussions Replied To (76) Replies Latest Activity

"You could look at the upcoming 2018 Marin Fairfax SC6 DLX. look here Has literally e…"

Jon the mechanic replied Aug 1, 2017 to Advice Please -- Can you suggest a good low maintenance commuter bike?

18 Aug 1, 2017
Reply by LS

"Fin is in France long term "

Jon the mechanic replied Aug 1, 2017 to Cold set a frame?

14 Aug 1, 2017
Reply by Jon the mechanic

"Marathon tyres are generally just a bit crap."

Jon the mechanic replied Jul 19, 2017 to Grand Union Canal Mugging

13 Aug 10, 2017
Reply by LS

"Its not a widely used size in road bikes now.. It was a lot more common with the old…"

Jon the mechanic replied Jun 27, 2017 to Smaller road bikes - 650 size wheels

3 Jun 27, 2017
Reply by LS

"For anyone who wants more info on our bike fitting service: We currently offer a S…"

Jon the mechanic replied Mar 23, 2017 to Bike Fit

13 Mar 29, 2017
Reply by khalid

"I did sell it in the end."

Jon the mechanic replied Feb 22, 2017 to Alfine 8 di2 groupset including both wheels

10 Feb 22, 2017

"Hi Paul. If the cable is going slack but the mech isn't moving the the cable will m…"

Jon the mechanic replied Feb 1, 2017 to Front derailleur

21 Feb 5, 2017
Reply by Kim

"This is why you don't undertake. Both parties should share the blame."

Jon the mechanic replied Dec 16, 2016 to What the Minister of Transport will do for you

11 Dec 18, 2016
Reply by ian robathan

"If you want a look at it on the bike at all let me know."

Jon the mechanic replied Oct 7, 2016 to Alfine 8 di2 groupset including both wheels

10 Feb 22, 2017

"So yet another plan for my bike. Looking to change my bike from Alfine to single s…"

Jon the mechanic replied Oct 7, 2016 to Alfine 8 di2 groupset including both wheels

10 Feb 22, 2017

RSS

Site Sponsors

Latest Activity

Ian replied to LS's discussion Edgbaston Tunnel Tow Path Widening
"Yep still open"
23 hours ago
doug salmon replied to LS's discussion Edgbaston Tunnel Tow Path Widening
"thank you - will give it a go. "
yesterday
Laura replied to LS's discussion Edgbaston Tunnel Tow Path Widening
"Was there on Monday and was still open. Stopped to look at the new notices and they're saying…"
yesterday
doug salmon replied to LS's discussion Edgbaston Tunnel Tow Path Widening
"Anyone been through recently? Planning to use tomorrow if still open. Thanks."
yesterday
ian robathan replied to Philip Whiteman's discussion Velo Midland 2018
"not sure rolling can work but a solution would be to have shorter closure times and if people too…"
yesterday
ian robathan replied to Philip Whiteman's discussion Velo Midland 2018
"there is no alternative to not going there, as the best biking country with some hills, is on that…"
yesterday
Rob replied to Philip Whiteman's discussion Velo Midland 2018
"They could do a rolling road closure approach, that seems to be common on other events like Tour De…"
Tuesday
Philip Whiteman replied to Philip Whiteman's discussion Velo Midland 2018
"Ian, in answer to your question: A decision will be made by Worcestershire County Council's…"
Tuesday
Robert Holland replied to Robert Holland's discussion City cycling - Vancouver have it about right
"Aboslutely spot on Robert!"
Tuesday
Robert replied to Robert Holland's discussion City cycling - Vancouver have it about right
"The green routes can be very pleasant, but they suffer from poor social safety, particularly after…"
Tuesday
Dave Cox replied to Robert Holland's discussion City cycling - Vancouver have it about right
"Making Birmingham a centre for cycle tourism is fully achievable. New St links us to most parts of…"
Monday
Dave Cox replied to Robert Holland's discussion City cycling - Vancouver have it about right
"Excellent integrated transport.  I took my Brompton to Vancouver years ago and thoroughly…"
Monday
Robert replied to Robert Holland's discussion City cycling - Vancouver have it about right
"I had noticed that Air France is running a series of adverts on RTÉ Radio 1 this year…"
Monday
Robert Holland posted a discussion

City cycling - Vancouver have it about right

This video about joined up transport thinking and cycling in Vancouver should be a must-see for all…See More
Sunday
Robert replied to Ryan Stait's discussion Broad Street trams
Saturday
David smart is now a member of Birmingham Cyclist
Jan 13

© 2018   Created by LS.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service