Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

This is BC Discussion  number 1066. What's your favourite number related to cycling and why ? Mine is 34/32 because it gets me up steep hills without wearing out my cleats.... and now someone will tell me that's not a number it's a ratio !

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

11 as in Alfine 11. Wide enough range, decent steps, all enclosed and no dangly bits.

Been wanting to try one of those Alfine 11 hubs. They seem like a nice package

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

531 for the classsic Reynolds tubing. Excellent post John

29...er... because my big wheels have given me a blast round Glentress and Innerleithen these past two days :)

Keith gets big bonus points for 531. Lovely stuff

I've got two of those but there is a big step between 5 and 6 which doesn't appear on the 11.

Andrew W said:

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

3.60 The amount I dont spend on bus fare each day (it might be more now but you get my point)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Rohini Cash replied to Savlona's discussion Wanted - light ladies hybrid.
"Just spotted your post. I'm selling my Boardman Hybrid. :-) Never mind. I'll have to find…"
27 minutes ago
Kim replied to Savlona's discussion Wanted - light ladies hybrid.
"That should be a fair bit quicker than the Pashley, anyway. Conspicuous lack of mudguards, as is…"
12 hours ago
ARKrider is now a member of Birmingham Cyclist
13 hours ago
Savlona replied to Savlona's discussion Wanted - light ladies hybrid.
"Happily, the Pashley sold quickly on here.Having done a tour of the local bike shops, I fell for…"
13 hours ago
Kim replied to Savlona's discussion Wanted - light ladies hybrid.
"Does this mean that you've successfully committed n+1? :)"
14 hours ago
Stu replied to Richard Smith's discussion Canal route findings!
"It's tarmaced to within a couple of hundred metres of Forge Lane - it's also quite a bit…"
15 hours ago
Simon replied to Richard Smith's discussion Canal route findings!
"I haven't been on it lately but looked over the side of a bridge by KWP a while back - same…"
16 hours ago
Richard Smith replied to Richard Smith's discussion Canal route findings!
"It was new tarmac as far as near the Minworth island, but beyond then I've no idea. Last time…"
17 hours ago
ian greenwood replied to Richard Smith's discussion Canal route findings!
"Hi . has anyone recently gone from castle vale to Fazeley and what is  the state of the…"
17 hours ago
Savlona is attending Jack Lines's event

Birmingham Bikeathon 2015 at Cannon Hill Park

July 5, 2015 all day
The Birmingham Bikeathon is a multi distance cycling event in partnership with Birmingham Council…See More
18 hours ago
Savlona replied to Savlona's discussion Wanted - light ladies hybrid.
"No longer needed"
18 hours ago
James Russell might attend Philip Whiteman's event

Kidderminster Killer & From Clee to Heaven Audaxes at Belbroughton, Worcestershire

July 25, 2015 all day
Possibly the Midland's most audacious audaxes, organised by the Beacon Roads Cycling Club.  The…See More
22 hours ago
Philip Whiteman posted an event

Kidderminster Killer & From Clee to Heaven Audaxes at Belbroughton, Worcestershire

July 25, 2015 all day
Possibly the Midland's most audacious audaxes, organised by the Beacon Roads Cycling Club.  The…See More
yesterday
Jack Lines posted an event

Birmingham Bikeathon 2015 at Cannon Hill Park

July 5, 2015 all day
The Birmingham Bikeathon is a multi distance cycling event in partnership with Birmingham Council…See More
yesterday
Andy White posted a discussion

2 Panniers - £5

The shed clearout continues.A set of old but perfectly functional panniers. Approx 20L capacity…See More
yesterday
Doug joined LS's group
Thumbnail

Commuting

Share routes, tips, advice for new commuters etc
yesterday

Badge

Loading…

© 2015   Created by LS.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service