Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

This is BC Discussion  number 1066. What's your favourite number related to cycling and why ? Mine is 34/32 because it gets me up steep hills without wearing out my cleats.... and now someone will tell me that's not a number it's a ratio !

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

11 as in Alfine 11. Wide enough range, decent steps, all enclosed and no dangly bits.

Been wanting to try one of those Alfine 11 hubs. They seem like a nice package

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

531 for the classsic Reynolds tubing. Excellent post John

29...er... because my big wheels have given me a blast round Glentress and Innerleithen these past two days :)

Keith gets big bonus points for 531. Lovely stuff

I've got two of those but there is a big step between 5 and 6 which doesn't appear on the 11.

Andrew W said:

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

3.60 The amount I dont spend on bus fare each day (it might be more now but you get my point)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Doug replied to Doug's discussion Work in progress >> A45 Coventry road Cycle path extension and link up to Sheldon ?
"I think it will be ok for bikes - there will no doubt be a shikane barrier  to stop motorbikes…"
50 minutes ago
Joe replied to Doug's discussion Work in progress >> A45 Coventry road Cycle path extension and link up to Sheldon ?
"That's good then Doug, fingers crossed it will be fit for bikes. That stretch that Midge is on…"
59 minutes ago
Savlona commented on Steve Cooper's photo
Thumbnail

Me and me bike

"Oooh, did you enjoy it? Hubby did the Olympic distance that day, but I was eyeing up the fun…"
1 hour ago
Steve Cooper posted a photo

Me and me bike

Taken after completing the City of Birmingham Triathlon (Fun distance).It's my slightly race…
6 hours ago
James Lee replied to Luke Holland's discussion Naughty taxis
"What's stickered on the bonnet of that white Ford Focus?"
7 hours ago
Robert replied to Iain's discussion Commuting under Spaghetti Junction - Is it safe?
"That probably means it is about to be resurfaced. "
7 hours ago
david.cherry replied to Luke Holland's discussion Naughty taxis
"Last night followed a Black Cab going though the No entry sign on Mill Lane, the Taxi then pulled…"
8 hours ago
Jav replied to Iain's discussion Commuting under Spaghetti Junction - Is it safe?
"Canal route today after a long time - spaghetti junction towards Rocky Lane the path has been…"
8 hours ago
Profile IconDonna and Adam joined Birmingham Cyclist
10 hours ago
Simon commented on Simon's group CycleBirmingham - the rides & social part of Push Bikes
"Sunday 27 July 10:30 To Coach & Horses Weatheroak for Lunch Meet Kings Norton Station car park,…"
10 hours ago
Simon might attend Nick Wattison's event

Yellow Jersey Ride, Push Bikes, Cycle Birmingham at Coach & Horses

July 27, 2014 from 10:45am to 2:30pm
Yellow Jersey Ride. Please wear something yellow when you come out on this 25 mile round trip…See More
10 hours ago
Steve Young replied to Luke Holland's discussion Naughty taxis
"14/7/2014 19:10 Blocking dropped kerb by Tesco and reducing usable width of New St. 14/7/2014…"
21 hours ago
Doug replied to Doug's discussion Work in progress >> A45 Coventry road Cycle path extension and link up to Sheldon ?
"New Works in progress >>  Now just along from the Harvester they are surfacing a track…"
22 hours ago
Grant kennelly updated their profile
yesterday
Luke Holland replied to Luke Holland's discussion Naughty taxis
"I haven't had an email off taxi officer yet,,,,"
yesterday
CKS commented on Dave K's photo
Thumbnail

Team Raleigh Europa, Fixie

"The crankset looks original?  If you haven't already got a bottom bracket in your frame…"
yesterday

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by LS.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service