Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

This is BC Discussion  number 1066. What's your favourite number related to cycling and why ? Mine is 34/32 because it gets me up steep hills without wearing out my cleats.... and now someone will tell me that's not a number it's a ratio !

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

11 as in Alfine 11. Wide enough range, decent steps, all enclosed and no dangly bits.

Been wanting to try one of those Alfine 11 hubs. They seem like a nice package

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

531 for the classsic Reynolds tubing. Excellent post John

29...er... because my big wheels have given me a blast round Glentress and Innerleithen these past two days :)

Keith gets big bonus points for 531. Lovely stuff

I've got two of those but there is a big step between 5 and 6 which doesn't appear on the 11.

Andrew W said:

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

3.60 The amount I dont spend on bus fare each day (it might be more now but you get my point)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Site Sponsors

Latest Activity

Simon replied to Robert's discussion Canalside Cycleway in the Netherlands
"what's the difference between the two bikes on the round blue sign?  Is the upper one a…"
27 minutes ago
Savlona replied to Robert's discussion Canalside Cycleway in the Netherlands
"Brilliant! If only Birmingham had the vision to do this, all I'd need is a trailer for my…"
1 hour ago
Dan replied to Robert's discussion Canalside Cycleway in the Netherlands
"Absolutely. And not a single loose chipping in sight !"
4 hours ago
LS replied to Robert's discussion Canalside Cycleway in the Netherlands
"Agreed"
4 hours ago
Robert posted a discussion
5 hours ago
Andy H left a comment for M.Spindler
"Hi Marios, Thanks for the message. I can definitely send some photos tomorrow. Can you let me have…"
20 hours ago
Andrew George replied to UoB Smartmover's discussion Improvement of canal access at University station and related disruption
"I appreciate that the person behind the UoB smartmover account is making the effort to communicate…"
yesterday
M.Spindler replied to Andy H's discussion Mezzo i4 Folder/Thule Bike Rack/Birdy Blue
"Can you email me some pics of the Birdy bike please AndyH?"
yesterday
booger benson posted a discussion
yesterday
Jonathan W replied to UoB Smartmover's discussion Improvement of canal access at University station and related disruption
"It is not a good assumption that people will know the alternative routes.  I was in this…"
yesterday
Andrew W replied to Andrew W's discussion D Locks and Lost Keys
"Thanks all.  The enquiry was on behalf of a friend.  I have a long standing policy of…"
Tuesday
Kim replied to Andrew W's discussion D Locks and Lost Keys
"Defeat whatever the lock is anchored to, then take the lock+bike outside for the angle grinder…"
Tuesday
Robert replied to UoB Smartmover's discussion Improvement of canal access at University station and related disruption
"I'm sorry, but it's just nonsense to say that people shouldn't be arriving at the…"
Tuesday
UoB Smartmover replied to UoB Smartmover's discussion Improvement of canal access at University station and related disruption
"People should not be arriving at the closure unaware of it taking place as there has been extensive…"
Tuesday
Robert replied to UoB Smartmover's discussion Improvement of canal access at University station and related disruption
"And please indicate a suggested diversion for the benefit of people who arrive at the closure…"
Tuesday
Shivaji Shiva replied to UoB Smartmover's discussion Improvement of canal access at University station and related disruption
"Thank you - that is very helpful. Having updates on a static web-site as well as twitter is good.…"
Monday

© 2016   Created by LS.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service