Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

This is BC Discussion  number 1066. What's your favourite number related to cycling and why ? Mine is 34/32 because it gets me up steep hills without wearing out my cleats.... and now someone will tell me that's not a number it's a ratio !

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

11 as in Alfine 11. Wide enough range, decent steps, all enclosed and no dangly bits.

Been wanting to try one of those Alfine 11 hubs. They seem like a nice package

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

531 for the classsic Reynolds tubing. Excellent post John

29...er... because my big wheels have given me a blast round Glentress and Innerleithen these past two days :)

Keith gets big bonus points for 531. Lovely stuff

I've got two of those but there is a big step between 5 and 6 which doesn't appear on the 11.

Andrew W said:

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

3.60 The amount I dont spend on bus fare each day (it might be more now but you get my point)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Robert replied to Ryan Stait's discussion Paradise Circus Development
"That would be for the launch of Birmingham Big Bikes (an informed guess). "
31 minutes ago
Robert replied to Doug's discussion Cole valley Cycle route - Stechford ?
"I've driven it at 40mph.   I was always the slowest vehicle on the…"
37 minutes ago
LS replied to LS's discussion Cole Valley Route Improvements
"It's a steep hill. It needs a bicycle lift... "
1 hour ago
Ryan Stait replied to Ryan Stait's discussion Paradise Circus Development
"For those that use Broad Street and Paradise Circus there are details of road closures/diversions…"
1 hour ago
danwentskiing replied to LS's discussion Cole Valley Route Improvements
"I was around there this morning and had a go myself.  Got up first time on my singlespeed…"
1 hour ago
James Lee replied to Doug's discussion Cole valley Cycle route - Stechford ?
"After you have died and gone to heaven, you’re great grandchildren will be asking your…"
2 hours ago
"Small Heath has got a highway? It’s got a dual carriageway by-pass with a forty mile per hour…"
2 hours ago
Robert replied to Doug's discussion Cole valley Cycle route - Stechford ?
"And why did your great grandfather say nothing about Small Heath Highway, James?"
3 hours ago
"What is strange here is my Great Grandfather Charles rode a bicycle from his home a 85 Cattell Road…"
7 hours ago
Simon replied to Doug's discussion Cole valley Cycle route - Stechford ?
"if it's the one I'm thinking of then I don't worry about the tyres slipping on it -…"
19 hours ago
Savlona commented on Robert's photo
Thumbnail

Latest Dutch Cycle Path Opens

"Oh, how awesome would that be to ride on with my boys. No yelling at them to stay left and in…"
19 hours ago
Savlona replied to Doug's discussion Amendment to the 15 Billion Infrastructure Bill - tell your MP
"Sigh, you'd think that with all their hand wringing about obesity and air pollution they might…"
19 hours ago
Doug replied to Doug's discussion Cole valley Cycle route - Stechford ?
" I rode this section that links you on to the canal from…"
19 hours ago
Doug replied to Doug's discussion Amendment to the 15 Billion Infrastructure Bill - tell your MP
"Depressing - however perhaps  inevitable - On a positive note I met an another cyclist…"
20 hours ago
LS replied to Doug's discussion Amendment to the 15 Billion Infrastructure Bill - tell your MP
"Reply from Roger Godsiff's office... Hello, Thank you very much for your email in support of…"
20 hours ago
Glenn posted a discussion

Stolen Carrera

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend Hi, wonder if anyone can help. We had our sheds broken in to…See More
22 hours ago

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by LS.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service