Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

This is BC Discussion  number 1066. What's your favourite number related to cycling and why ? Mine is 34/32 because it gets me up steep hills without wearing out my cleats.... and now someone will tell me that's not a number it's a ratio !

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

11 as in Alfine 11. Wide enough range, decent steps, all enclosed and no dangly bits.

Been wanting to try one of those Alfine 11 hubs. They seem like a nice package

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

531 for the classsic Reynolds tubing. Excellent post John

29...er... because my big wheels have given me a blast round Glentress and Innerleithen these past two days :)

Keith gets big bonus points for 531. Lovely stuff

I've got two of those but there is a big step between 5 and 6 which doesn't appear on the 11.

Andrew W said:

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

3.60 The amount I dont spend on bus fare each day (it might be more now but you get my point)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Site Sponsors

Latest Activity

Sarah-Jane posted a discussion

Hurst Street

Cycling to work along the NCN 5 on Hurst Street this week, I've spotted a sign on the way into the…See More
8 minutes ago
Dave Holladay replied to Kim's discussion Forumite Spotting
"When going fast with her hair 'down' she creates an impressive image of speed."
7 hours ago
Jon Ingram replied to Kim's discussion Forumite Spotting
"Spotted Kim today on her Street Machine on Linden Rd, heading towards Cotteridge. I only ever seem…"
12 hours ago
Paul Allen posted a discussion
16 hours ago
Derek Mullan posted a discussion

For sale: Gilles Berthoud Stainless Steel 700c Mudguards - Long 50mm

For sale: Gilles Berthoud Stainless Steel 700c Mudguards - Long 50mm.£35.00New and unused in…See More
20 hours ago
Dennis Snape replied to James Lee's discussion Heart of England Cycling Club
"Hi James, I'm the Secretary & Membership Secretary of Heart of England Cycling Club and it…"
yesterday
Doug commented on LS's photo
Thumbnail

Free Air

"great idea"
yesterday
Doug might attend James Lee's event

We happy few at Earlswood Lakes Craft Centre

October 25, 2015 from 9am to 3pm
68 miler from Earlswood, visiting some midlands places associated with the battle of…See More
yesterday
LS posted an event
Thumbnail

September Critical Mass at Behind Rackhams, edge of St Phillips Cathedral

September 4, 2015 from 6pm to 10pm
We meet; we chat and and admire each others bikes; we ride around town at a leisurely pace,…See More
yesterday
LS posted photos
yesterday
Robert Holland replied to Robert Holland's discussion Olympus Voice Recorder found in the road
"None of the buttons will fire it up. Don't think it is a battery problem as the casing is…"
yesterday
Simon replied to James Lee's discussion Heart of England Cycling Club
"HoE CTC decided being an affiliate was less hassle than being an mg.  All the same faces, just…"
yesterday
RobG replied to James Lee's discussion Heart of England Cycling Club
"Exactly - the hammer and the nail are in perfect alignment! "
yesterday
RobG replied to James Lee's discussion Heart of England Cycling Club
"You have already had a direct reply from me explaining the situation - hence your post isn't…"
yesterday
John K replied to Robert Holland's discussion Olympus Voice Recorder found in the road
"anything recorded on it which could give a clue ?"
yesterday
James Lee replied to James Lee's discussion Heart of England Cycling Club
"The last I heard from HoE CTC was about Reg Elliot. Nothing about re-forming the District Assoc."
yesterday

© 2015   Created by LS.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service