Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

This is BC Discussion  number 1066. What's your favourite number related to cycling and why ? Mine is 34/32 because it gets me up steep hills without wearing out my cleats.... and now someone will tell me that's not a number it's a ratio !

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

11 as in Alfine 11. Wide enough range, decent steps, all enclosed and no dangly bits.

Been wanting to try one of those Alfine 11 hubs. They seem like a nice package

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

531 for the classsic Reynolds tubing. Excellent post John

29...er... because my big wheels have given me a blast round Glentress and Innerleithen these past two days :)

Keith gets big bonus points for 531. Lovely stuff

I've got two of those but there is a big step between 5 and 6 which doesn't appear on the 11.

Andrew W said:

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

3.60 The amount I dont spend on bus fare each day (it might be more now but you get my point)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Rich22222 replied to Rich22222's discussion Old Photos of cycling in Birmingham
"Thanks All, we now have an (fb) event page live https://www.facebook.com/events/739632756068512"
2 hours ago
LS commented on Robert's blog post Cycling in Auld Reekie (Part 2)
14 hours ago
John K posted discussions
14 hours ago
cycling research posted a discussion

Cycling Research

Dear cyclists I am a researcher at the University of Gloucestershire, UK and I am conducting…See More
15 hours ago
Jon Swinbourne replied to LS's discussion Cone thrown at cyclist on Gooch Street on Tuesday
"Funnily enough I've had two incidents with the up and coming generation at the same spot. I…"
20 hours ago
LS replied to Simon's discussion Cycle Revolution Consultation emails (spot the catch)
"I've commented on a couple of them. Not sure who sees the comments or if they reply."
21 hours ago
Lawrence Cairns-Smith replied to LS's discussion Cone thrown at cyclist on Gooch Street on Tuesday
"It was me that took the video, I wouldn't be so sure the police wouldn't be that…"
22 hours ago
malvern girl replied to John K's discussion Rides on our holidays
"Wow. Beautiful!"
yesterday
CKS replied to LS's discussion Cone thrown at cyclist on Gooch Street on Tuesday
"When I saw the title I thought it was an ice cream cone!  I think this would…"
yesterday
Robert replied to Simon's discussion Cycle Revolution Consultation emails (spot the catch)
"Have you sent in a response, LS?"
yesterday
David replied to LS's discussion Cone thrown at cyclist on Gooch Street on Tuesday
"The cyclist does look familiar..."
yesterday
LS posted a discussion

Cone thrown at cyclist on Gooch Street on Tuesday

Yesterday at 5.15 a road cone was thrown at a cyclist on Gooch Street by one of a group of 4…See More
yesterday
LS replied to Simon's discussion Cycle Revolution Consultation emails (spot the catch)
"I support some of the proposals but not others eg more K Barriers which annoy me and benches next…"
yesterday
Simon replied to Simon's discussion Cycle Revolution Consultation emails (spot the catch)
"Not sure how one becomes a "stakeholder", but the consultations are open for anyone to…"
yesterday
David replied to Simon's discussion Cycle Revolution Consultation emails (spot the catch)
"That's quite interesting - and can you forward the emails to the rest of us so we can chime…"
yesterday
Simon posted a discussion

Cycle Revolution Consultation emails (spot the catch)

As a "stakeholder" I received an email from …See More
yesterday

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by LS.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service