Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

This is BC Discussion  number 1066. What's your favourite number related to cycling and why ? Mine is 34/32 because it gets me up steep hills without wearing out my cleats.... and now someone will tell me that's not a number it's a ratio !

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

11 as in Alfine 11. Wide enough range, decent steps, all enclosed and no dangly bits.

Been wanting to try one of those Alfine 11 hubs. They seem like a nice package

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

531 for the classsic Reynolds tubing. Excellent post John

29...er... because my big wheels have given me a blast round Glentress and Innerleithen these past two days :)

Keith gets big bonus points for 531. Lovely stuff

I've got two of those but there is a big step between 5 and 6 which doesn't appear on the 11.

Andrew W said:

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

3.60 The amount I dont spend on bus fare each day (it might be more now but you get my point)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Site Sponsors

Latest Activity

Chris Lowe replied to Nick's discussion What has happened to the cycle revolution?
"It's very disappointing to see that routes such as Alcester Road are not mentioned. We have…"
35 minutes ago
nick bradley replied to Andrew W's discussion Birmingham to host closed roads sportive
"If I was a betting man, which I am, I'd say KOM is almost certainly St Kenelms Pass coming…"
2 hours ago
Ryan Stait replied to Andrew W's discussion Birmingham to host closed roads sportive
"I think Winwood is too nasty (and narrow) to put in after 90 miles.I'd go with Farley Lane as…"
4 hours ago
Ian Ingram replied to Andrew W's discussion Birmingham to host closed roads sportive
"I'd guess that the 30 mile hills would be Clows Top and the Abberley's which are used in…"
5 hours ago
Kim commented on LS's photo
Thumbnail

Abandoned

"Oh, that reminds me.  Last Sunday I was riding home from Mordor Central after a fraught…"
9 hours ago
LS commented on LS's photo
Thumbnail

Abandoned

"Oh dear. The BCR team should be able to trace the owner and get it unlocked if they haven't…"
10 hours ago
Andrew W commented on LS's photo
Thumbnail

Abandoned

"and another one "
11 hours ago
ochib replied to James Connolly's discussion New Cycling Cafe Coming to Birmingham
"I would expect the following from any Coffee shop 1) Free Wifi 2) USB charging points 3) Lockers or…"
yesterday
LS commented on LS's photo
Thumbnail

Abandoned

"As suspected... "
Friday
On Your Bike replied to On Your Bike's discussion The new On Your Bike Facebook page
"Thank you sir. "
Friday
Robert replied to On Your Bike's discussion The new On Your Bike Facebook page
"I'm not on F**book, so I can confirm the page is public."
Friday
Andrew W replied to Sarah-Jane's discussion Cartland Road/Pineapple Road junction
"A recent move means that I am up and down Cartland Rd most days.  Haven't experienced any…"
Friday
Andy Wood posted a discussion
Friday
LS replied to Nick's discussion What has happened to the cycle revolution?
"Here's an update from today's transport…"
Thursday
James Connolly replied to James Connolly's discussion New Cycling Cafe Coming to Birmingham
"lol - Ambitious! I would love to offer all those.... Cant promise a velodrome plus paid nursery…"
Thursday
James Connolly replied to James Connolly's discussion New Cycling Cafe Coming to Birmingham
"Simon - this sounds great and exactly what we are hoping to do. Drop me your details on…"
Thursday

© 2016   Created by LS.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service