Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

This is BC Discussion  number 1066. What's your favourite number related to cycling and why ? Mine is 34/32 because it gets me up steep hills without wearing out my cleats.... and now someone will tell me that's not a number it's a ratio !

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

11 as in Alfine 11. Wide enough range, decent steps, all enclosed and no dangly bits.

Been wanting to try one of those Alfine 11 hubs. They seem like a nice package

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

531 for the classsic Reynolds tubing. Excellent post John

29...er... because my big wheels have given me a blast round Glentress and Innerleithen these past two days :)

Keith gets big bonus points for 531. Lovely stuff

I've got two of those but there is a big step between 5 and 6 which doesn't appear on the 11.

Andrew W said:

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

3.60 The amount I dont spend on bus fare each day (it might be more now but you get my point)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Site Sponsors

Latest Activity

juliewall replied to LS's discussion BCC Consultations with a cycling element
"Oh yes I have had the people from the parade try to flag me down to tell them me I'm not…"
3 hours ago
ARKrider replied to LS's discussion BCC Consultations with a cycling element
"Speaking of Brits got talent as part of the change I want the council to STOP allowing the NCN5 to…"
12 hours ago
juliewall replied to LS's discussion BCC Consultations with a cycling element
"This looks great! I use NCN5 and imagine I'll continue using that, but it's all good for…"
yesterday
juliewall replied to LS's discussion 100(ish) new cycle stands
"Always thought that was funny considering they had branded themselves with illustrations of…"
yesterday
Andrew replied to LS's discussion Cycle funding cut?
"This is from the application for phase 1, the £2.9m seems to be the 'Walking and Cycling…"
yesterday
Profile IconJon Hunt and Jan G joined Birmingham Cyclist
yesterday
LS replied to LS's discussion Cycle funding cut?
"If it's budget snipping, 18% is a pretty big snip. I thought the £17 million was…"
yesterday
Doug replied to LS's discussion Cycle funding cut?
"phase one was about 24 million with the match funding - not 19.9 .  Is it a…"
yesterday
Kim replied to LS's discussion Cycle funding cut?
"20 mph signs are probably more useful for cyclists than on-road cycle lanes, or at least will be…"
yesterday
Jason Davies replied to LS's discussion Cycle funding cut?
"Thanks for the replies - I obviously wasn't looking very hard ;-) I heard it was a lot more…"
yesterday
LS replied to LS's discussion Cycle funding cut?
"I think £700,000 of BCR funding was used for 20mph streets (not calling them zones as from…"
yesterday
LS replied to LS's discussion BCC Consultations with a cycling element
"Very good."
yesterday
Tom H replied to LS's discussion Cycle funding cut?
"Have a look on ther BCR / BCC site and you'll see quite clearly stated that the BCR / cycle…"
yesterday
Jason Davies replied to LS's discussion Cycle funding cut?
"I heard (unconfirmed) that BCC had used some of the money for the "Cycle Revolution" to…"
yesterday
LS posted a discussion

Cycle funding cut?

This slide was presented by Councillor Stacey at a council meeting last week (currently not…See More
yesterday
Robert replied to LS's discussion BCC Consultations with a cycling element
"Push Bikes' response is here."
yesterday

© 2017   Created by LS.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service