Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

This is BC Discussion  number 1066. What's your favourite number related to cycling and why ? Mine is 34/32 because it gets me up steep hills without wearing out my cleats.... and now someone will tell me that's not a number it's a ratio !

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

11 as in Alfine 11. Wide enough range, decent steps, all enclosed and no dangly bits.

Been wanting to try one of those Alfine 11 hubs. They seem like a nice package

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

531 for the classsic Reynolds tubing. Excellent post John

29...er... because my big wheels have given me a blast round Glentress and Innerleithen these past two days :)

Keith gets big bonus points for 531. Lovely stuff

I've got two of those but there is a big step between 5 and 6 which doesn't appear on the 11.

Andrew W said:

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

3.60 The amount I dont spend on bus fare each day (it might be more now but you get my point)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Philip Eddington replied to Jav's discussion End in style
"I do like the prose of the Vice article. Peugeot Dad. I do like the title. The guy has some real…"
3 hours ago
Doug replied to Kenofski's discussion A newspaper devoid of news
"In this age of social media and internet it is getting harder for this type…"
3 hours ago
StormySan updated their profile
4 hours ago
StormySan commented on StormySan's photo
Thumbnail

Symond's Yat East

"Both ways! Though the nearest station is Lydney, about 13 miles away, so it'd be feasible to…"
4 hours ago
LS commented on StormySan's photo
Thumbnail

Symond's Yat East

"Both ways or is there a train back?"
4 hours ago
StormySan posted a photo

Symond's Yat East

This weekend I was able to confirm the Wye Valley is within cycleable distance from Brum.
6 hours ago
James Lee replied to Kenofski's discussion A newspaper devoid of news
""Earlier today, in Moseley, a donkey died." "
6 hours ago
StormySan replied to LS's discussion New Canal Access at Five Ways
"I think it's worth at least acknowledging. Otherwise everyone comes across as great whingers…"
7 hours ago
allthegearnoidea replied to LS's discussion New Canal Access at Five Ways
"Let's not start praising infrastructure for being "a little less shit" than what was…"
7 hours ago
Savlona replied to Kenofski's discussion A newspaper devoid of news
"Lazy August journalism. The fact is, the police haven't the manpower to police the roads…"
8 hours ago
Robert replied to Kenofski's discussion A newspaper devoid of news
"On Saturday I saw a black cab driver go sailing across a red light into the path of the traffic…"
8 hours ago
Robert replied to Natasha Sweet's discussion Edgbaston tunnel is in the dark
"As some of you know by now the lights are out again.   Someone has reported being injured…"
9 hours ago
allthegearnoidea replied to Kenofski's discussion A newspaper devoid of news
"What a shit article."
9 hours ago
LS replied to tom's discussion [wanted] 25mm buckle(ITW Nexus or similar). Buckle shop?
"I'll have a look this evening as I had a few of these salvaged from a tent or rucksack. I gave…"
9 hours ago
tom posted a discussion
10 hours ago
LS replied to Kenofski's discussion A newspaper devoid of news
"I know somebody who isn't. I'll leave it up to them if they wish to say more."
10 hours ago

Badge

Loading…

© 2015   Created by LS.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service