Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

This is BC Discussion  number 1066. What's your favourite number related to cycling and why ? Mine is 34/32 because it gets me up steep hills without wearing out my cleats.... and now someone will tell me that's not a number it's a ratio !

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

11 as in Alfine 11. Wide enough range, decent steps, all enclosed and no dangly bits.

Been wanting to try one of those Alfine 11 hubs. They seem like a nice package

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

531 for the classsic Reynolds tubing. Excellent post John

29...er... because my big wheels have given me a blast round Glentress and Innerleithen these past two days :)

Keith gets big bonus points for 531. Lovely stuff

I've got two of those but there is a big step between 5 and 6 which doesn't appear on the 11.

Andrew W said:

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

3.60 The amount I dont spend on bus fare each day (it might be more now but you get my point)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Jon Ingram replied to Kim's discussion Forumite Spotting
"Kim and I said hello at the showing of the Bicycle film at the MAC on Sunday night..... "
59 minutes ago
Rohini Cash replied to Simon's discussion Ackers Cycle Path...really????
"I think the council are quite benevolent in trying to create work. Similar barriers existed at…"
1 hour ago
Darren Cash replied to Simon's discussion Ackers Cycle Path...really????
"Interesting that the wooden fencing was put in. Clearly anticating that without it, people would…"
1 hour ago
Richard D replied to LS's discussion Slow Roll
"Much like patents, some trademarks are awarded without the smallest amount of careful thought by…"
1 hour ago
James Lee replied to LS's discussion Slow Roll
"Its a good job Solihull Cycling Club doesn't take a world Trademark on 'Club run',…"
2 hours ago
James Lee replied to Doug's discussion Walking or Cycling to work improves well being -
"Find a safe ( and free ) place to park half way. Then find a safe ( and free ) place to park one…"
2 hours ago
James Lee replied to Simon's discussion Ackers Cycle Path...really????
"What do the signs look like?"
2 hours ago
James Lee replied to CKS's discussion Tip of the day
2 hours ago
LS replied to CKS's discussion Tip of the day
"WD40"
3 hours ago
CKS posted a photo
3 hours ago
CKS posted a discussion

Tip of the day

This afternoon I noticed that there was a black 'rub mark' along my top-tube.I smeared on some…See More
3 hours ago
LS replied to Simon's discussion Ackers Cycle Path...really????
"The barriers are probably to discourage speedy descents. There are two other paths without barriers."
6 hours ago
Richard D replied to Simon's discussion Ackers Cycle Path...really????
"Hills are fine.  But the only acceptable place for slalom gates is on a ski slope.…"
6 hours ago
"I'm not sure how they can get rid of the hill."
7 hours ago
Richard D replied to Simon's discussion Ackers Cycle Path...really????
"Is it *supposed* to be a cycle route? If so, someone really ought to be called to account for…"
7 hours ago
"If you're not in a hurry there's a less steep option by going around the abseiling/zip…"
9 hours ago

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by LS.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service