Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

This is BC Discussion  number 1066. What's your favourite number related to cycling and why ? Mine is 34/32 because it gets me up steep hills without wearing out my cleats.... and now someone will tell me that's not a number it's a ratio !

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

11 as in Alfine 11. Wide enough range, decent steps, all enclosed and no dangly bits.

Been wanting to try one of those Alfine 11 hubs. They seem like a nice package

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

531 for the classsic Reynolds tubing. Excellent post John

29...er... because my big wheels have given me a blast round Glentress and Innerleithen these past two days :)

Keith gets big bonus points for 531. Lovely stuff

I've got two of those but there is a big step between 5 and 6 which doesn't appear on the 11.

Andrew W said:

8.  Thats the number of gears in my Alfine hub.  One of the best bike purchases I have made.  It was quite liberating to realise that I didnt actually need 27 gears.

3.60 The amount I dont spend on bus fare each day (it might be more now but you get my point)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Site Sponsors

Latest Activity

ARKrider commented on Doug's photo
Thumbnail

DSCF4501

"This is why no one cycles in Birmingham. Because everywhere you go you see these every few feet!"
1 hour ago
ARKrider replied to Diesel Domestique's discussion Hagley Road incident
"I'd be surprised the police do anything! Specially in Birmingham!!! REASONS: 1. KEV R a…"
1 hour ago
ARKrider replied to Robert Jones's discussion Another Taxi Post
"BBC van illegally parked in cycle lane, blind spot behind Royal Mail appropriately parked leaving…"
1 hour ago
ARKrider replied to Robert Jones's discussion Another Taxi Post
"This cycle must get the most disrespect EVER! motorists ALWAYS park in this bike lane. I think it…"
1 hour ago
ARKrider commented on Dan's photo
Thumbnail

There's a flaw in the Birmingham Cycle Revolution!

"As much as I like these new Cycle markings on the roads, I feel frustrated that these are not being…"
1 hour ago
Simon replied to Dan's discussion Tow path NEW loose chippings!!!???
"I noticed some 'pools' of loose gravel on the Tame Valley by Deykin Ave this…"
2 hours ago
Robert replied to Dan's discussion Tow path NEW loose chippings!!!???
"And in my experience there are no pot holes on German paved roads or paths, Doug. Even unpaved…"
3 hours ago
Shivaji Shiva replied to Darren Cash's discussion Tent (Suitable for Cycle Touring) for Sale.
"Hi Darren - I have sent you a friend request so I can message you. "
18 hours ago
Steve Nickless replied to John K's discussion UK Bike Racing this evening - Thursday 28th July 6pm to 9pm Broad Street,Bridge Street circuit
"Nice photos John. After getting lots of colourful blurs, I gave up and just watched the race. Is…"
19 hours ago
John K replied to John K's discussion UK Bike Racing this evening - Thursday 28th July 6pm to 9pm Broad Street,Bridge Street circuit
" "
20 hours ago
John K replied to John K's discussion UK Bike Racing this evening - Thursday 28th July 6pm to 9pm Broad Street,Bridge Street circuit
20 hours ago
LS replied to John K's discussion UK Bike Racing this evening - Thursday 28th July 6pm to 9pm Broad Street,Bridge Street circuit
"I got there as the men's race started after getting soaked on Salisbury Road and sheltering…"
yesterday
Doug replied to John K's discussion UK Bike Racing this evening - Thursday 28th July 6pm to 9pm Broad Street,Bridge Street circuit
"Great circuit - well organized and well supported event."
yesterday
Steve Nickless replied to John K's discussion UK Bike Racing this evening - Thursday 28th July 6pm to 9pm Broad Street,Bridge Street circuit
"Went to see this. Great spectacle but feeling totally inadequate now. They go faster uphill than I…"
yesterday
Jonathan W updated their profile
yesterday
Andrew W replied to Andrew W's discussion Peugeot Single Speed 23"
"Price drop tp £30 as am now desperate for shed space"
yesterday

© 2016   Created by LS.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service