Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

The plan has just been released 

https://www.tfwm.org.uk/media/2524/2026-delivery-for-transport-fina...

and the ideas for Metro and Sprint lines seem good, road is all about improving motorway junctions so feeding even more onto the A roads then.

So for cycling - total joke, some words, some buzz phrases, a plan that is difficult to read and a pic of cycling in holland ... yep thats it ...

Views: 402

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

anything other than properly operated infrastructure will fail, I am critical of the A34 scheme because it is not a proper full scheme, however the idea is right.

Given the current anti-cyclist uproar in the national media and the general car-centric nature of cities in general and Birmingham in particular, it is hard to see an improvement in the woefully inadequate infrastructure provision in the city.  They are about to give away a load more bikes, heaven knows where they expect people to ride them though! I guess if you got it for free it may be worth the risk of getting it nicked and ride on the towpaths!

Andy Street made all kinds of promises on provision for cycling before being elected Major.  Lets hold him to account and ask when the dream will even begin to look like reality in Brum.

without getting into a deep political thread I am not sure he said much at all and this plan proves it. 

Andy Burnham appointed Chris Boardman as cycling champion. Andy Street appointed Andy Street. I wonder who will achieve the most?

not difficult to guess really and Street is doing all he can not to upset anyone so most of his stuff is bland non controversial stuff 

Worth adding to this debate and pressing for the response from Andy Street - Birmingham (with Laura Shoaf CEO TfWM) has been nominated as THE English pilot city for Mobility as a Service - Laura is a committed enthusiast for this. Ultimately you might see your Swift Card/Phone app account as a gateway to using a hired bike or car, or a bus tram or train as you need it - one account - all your transport and savings of around £3000/year for every car not owned by a household and dumped for 95% of the time cluttering up the street or using a car park

Start asking Andy what is going to happen about MaaS delivery now that Brum is the focus of this initiative in England

Andy Street face booked strong pro cycling comments during his Mayor campaign - I received them.

I don't think it was insincere - but I will write him as I agree he may need reminding

That sounds good Dave but still remains it is all about the infra

Yep, that plan mentions "unfunded" so many times. Basically rubbish.

yep frilly words, without the cash totally pointless.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Site Sponsors

Latest Activity

Dave Holladay replied to Maya CycleHack's discussion London Midland CycleHack Challenge | Monday 30th October 2017
"Use the escalators (when they are running) with the caveat that several platforms have substandard…"
18 hours ago
Robert replied to Maya CycleHack's discussion London Midland CycleHack Challenge | Monday 30th October 2017
"I wouldn't bank on it.   Crosscountry Trains are owned by Deutsche Bahn, but…"
21 hours ago
Robert Jones replied to Maya CycleHack's discussion London Midland CycleHack Challenge | Monday 30th October 2017
"The company taking over from London Midland are Dutch so maybe things will improve."
21 hours ago
Kim replied to Maya CycleHack's discussion London Midland CycleHack Challenge | Monday 30th October 2017
"While I can rant endlessly about the new New Street station, the lifts are the main thing…"
23 hours ago
Robert replied to LS's discussion Bike Hire scheme
"Apparently dockless systems are causing significant problems in the Netherlands."
yesterday
Robert replied to Maya CycleHack's discussion London Midland CycleHack Challenge | Monday 30th October 2017
"I'm on the Push Bikes committee, but I wont be attending this event as it is during work hours…"
yesterday
Kim replied to Maya CycleHack's discussion London Midland CycleHack Challenge | Monday 30th October 2017
"I'm on the list!"
yesterday
Profile IconKim and Dave Cox are attending Imran Anwar's event

London Midland CycleHack at Icentrun Labs by London Midland

October 30, 2017 from 9:30am to 5pm
Want to improve the experience of travelling by train with bicycles, for both cyclists and…See More
yesterday
Imran Anwar commented on Imran Anwar's event 'London Midland CycleHack'
"Hi @Dave, This event will be different for the Demo Days that we run as part of the Innovation…"
yesterday
Dave Cox commented on Imran Anwar's event 'London Midland CycleHack'
"I've been to a previous Labs event at Icentrum and it was very interesting but that was about…"
yesterday
Maya CycleHack replied to Maya CycleHack's discussion London Midland CycleHack Challenge | Monday 30th October 2017
"Hi Robert,  Thanks for the message, these are all really great points. And thank you for…"
yesterday
Maya CycleHack replied to Maya CycleHack's discussion London Midland CycleHack Challenge | Monday 30th October 2017
"Hi Kim, These are all fantastic points and not too cynical at all. We would really appreciate these…"
yesterday
"Hi there, thanks for sharing this image, this is really useful. We would love to have you there on…"
yesterday
Andrew W replied to Laura's discussion Cycle/cyclist friendly venues
"I think it is just the way they are.  I tend to go there rather than the MAC for snackage as I…"
Wednesday
Joan is now a member of Birmingham Cyclist
Wednesday
Kim replied to Laura's discussion Cycle/cyclist friendly venues
"Yeah, I've lead rides from there in the past that have been delayed by the speed of hot food,…"
Wednesday

© 2017   Created by LS.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service