Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

Views: 4492

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It appears more complaints have arisen from the recent route alterations 

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/15400961.Angry_residents_slam_c...

Some people don't like other people enjoying themselves.

2 dozen nimbys want the route changed for 15,000 cyclists, jeez, when are they going to realise the spending power of 15,000 cyclists coming through your village

TBH I'm unlikely to be carrying any cash other than the emergency £20 that is always in my seat pack with the puncture patches and I'm not planning on stopping apart from wee and top up the bottles breaks at the feed stations.  The route might encourage me to go back through their village in which case I might stop to buy water and sausage rolls at some pint in the future.

Paul Balfe said:

2 dozen nimbys want the route changed for 15,000 cyclists, jeez, when are they going to realise the spending power of 15,000 cyclists coming through your village

Yeah, I don't imagine I'd spend any cash (or time) in these places on the day (unless things go wrong), but I can certainly confirm I'll think twice about coming back to these parts of the world in future, knowing how petty and narrow-minded some of these residents can be.

I think us cyclists taking part are unlikely to stop on the day, but I would imagine there will be plenty of people lining the route to see the Riders passing through the villages who are likely to spend in shops & pubs along the route. After all its not every day 15.000 cyclists pass through these areas on a closed road environment, especially if the weather is kind to us!

As if a small village will lose that much, pure out and out NIMBYISM of the worse kind. Once you bend to Nimbysim it never stops.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Site Sponsors

Latest Activity

Robert T. Badger is now a member of Birmingham Cyclist
10 hours ago
Robert posted a photo

Rossiter's

Mary Vale Road, Bournville.
yesterday
ARKrider posted discussions
Wednesday
ARKrider replied to David's discussion Julie's petition for Hagley Road cycle lanes
"Hagley road is like 6 lanes wide for a good odd mile at least. Then it narrows to 2 each way.…"
Wednesday
ARKrider replied to David's discussion Julie's petition for Hagley Road cycle lanes
"Signed and shared. I don't even live/go that way, but if it means supporting safer cycling in…"
Wednesday
ARKrider replied to Simon's discussion Bloody students ;-)
"I bet you he likely did not even stop for the Stop Sign there either. "
Wednesday
Kim replied to Kim's discussion New pinch-points on Linden Road
"I rode past them again today.  Temporary traffic lights at the top of the hill meant no…"
Wednesday
LS replied to LS's discussion Consultation - Longbridge Connectivity Local Growth Fund
"I'm not familiar with cycling to Longbridge but it looks like work has started on this…"
Wednesday
Dave Cox replied to Kim's discussion New pinch-points on Linden Road
"This is the response I had via Twitter  I think Shivaji is following up on…"
Tuesday
LS replied to LS's discussion BCC Consultations with a cycling element
"Proposed Improvements to Grand Union Canal access point at Lincoln Road, Acocks…"
Monday
Robert replied to Kim's discussion New pinch-points on Linden Road
"I saw the Linden Road pinch points yesterday, thankfully whilst going down hill.   In the…"
Monday
Tom H posted a discussion

Experienced cycle mechanic job available at BikeRight!

BikeRight! are looking for an experienced cycle mechanic, as Tom is moving on to manage the…See More
Monday
Dave Cox posted photos
Aug 14
Shivaji Shiva replied to Kim's discussion New pinch-points on Linden Road
"Agreed!   I am glad I am not alone on being concerned about this.  In my view it is an…"
Aug 13
Robert Jones replied to LS's discussion The backlash begins
"To be fair it was allegedly one of the most heavily contaminated sites in Birmingham, it's…"
Aug 11
Robert replied to LS's discussion The backlash begins
"Funny you should mention the Battery site.   I've had a good view of it from the…"
Aug 10

© 2017   Created by LS.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service