Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

streetviewlink

zoom in on the cyclist

....funny they didn't decide to pixilate it out like they do faces :-)

Views: 255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Idiot Car driver  (same road, just facing the other way)

Not really. There is no one in the car, and the driver is changing the direction of traffic flow - goes up hill in the morning and downhill in the evening.  You can see him appearing to be hiding behind the "Stop" sign.

So, nothing wrong in parking on a double yellow line and blocking a cyclepath?

He's only stopped there to change the sign.  Double yellows all round there, so nowhere else to stop, and also he is effectively unloading - only stopped to complete the task.

Its a quiet private road, with a barrier just down the hill.  Not really a problem for the cyclist to move out of the lane and into the main road area.

You know, I've been living round the corner from the southgate for nearly 8 years now.  Last week was the first time I actually saw someone reversing the polarity of the neutron flow signage.

I bet you he likely did not even stop for the Stop Sign there either. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Site Sponsors

Latest Activity

Joanna Klaces replied to Joanna Klaces's discussion Cyclist safety - again
"sorry - that's a no to both - would love to be in touch with the women's group - not sure…"
38 minutes ago
Philip Whiteman replied to Philip Whiteman's discussion Velo Midland 2018
"Ian, I think you misunderstand. This is merely a report on the latest situation regarding the local…"
2 hours ago
ian robathan replied to Philip Whiteman's discussion Velo Midland 2018
"I have to say you really are a bitter little NIMBY aren't you ? The event was fantastic and…"
3 hours ago
David replied to Joanna Klaces's discussion Cyclist safety - again
"Apologies for delay in replying to this. Have you been in contact with WMP via twitter? And have…"
4 hours ago
Philip Whiteman posted a discussion

Velo Midland 2018

No, the title of this thread is not incorrect.Velo Birmingham 2017 was possibly one of the most…See More
6 hours ago
Jason Davies replied to Robert Jones's discussion Birmingham Crown Court / Magistrates Court Parking
"Otter occupied by a bike Richard? Sounds painful lol. Original post reminded me of something that…"
Tuesday
Joanna Klaces replied to Joanna Klaces's discussion Cyclist safety - again
"Sorry, I do want to feel that Police are keeping, or trying to help keep cyclists safe. But I have…"
Tuesday
Richard D replied to Robert Jones's discussion Birmingham Crown Court / Magistrates Court Parking
"Otter occupied by a bike with no back wheel/no saddle. I'd trust them about as far as I'd…"
Tuesday
ian robathan replied to Steve's discussion Show me the money
"well good old May in West Mids today and welcome cash for the Metro and for cycling, well guess…"
Monday
doug salmon replied to Joanna Klaces's discussion Cyclist safety - again
"Very pleased to hear attitudes have changed since asking for their help following being the victim…"
Monday
Dave Holladay replied to Steve's discussion Show me the money
"You need to be a qualifier for the Darwin Awards to land in the groove on that section - cyclist…"
Sunday
Dave Holladay replied to Hanah's discussion Metro construction around Victoria Square
"Of course they'll keep doing this until one of the gas fuelled catering chalets goes up in…"
Sunday
Steve replied to Steve's discussion Show me the money
"Getting back to then original point, does anyone know how much of the £46 million has been…"
Sunday
"It means the council can deny liability when the inevitable happens and a cyclist gets their wheel…"
Sunday
ARKrider replied to Steve's discussion Show me the money
"Money well spent on mandatory cycling signs in Birmingham? could of been better spent on signs…"
Sunday
"If it’s in a red circle it’s mandatory"
Sunday

© 2017   Created by LS.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service