Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

Are there any cycle/cyclist friendly venues in and around Birmingham and Solihull you'd recommend?

Having taken up cycling in the last few months, I was hoping to combine it with another of my hobbies;Full to the Brum, a food and drink blog for the area.  I wanted to compile a list of cycle/cyclist friendly places that people could cycle out to for coffee and cake or lunch, but as I'm still getting the hang of cycling I tend to go to the same few places.  I wondered if any of you had any further recommendations other than these...

Gorilla Coffee Café, Kings Heath

Cranked Cycle Café, Digbeth

Windmill Cafe at Waseley Hills

Mailbox

Manor House Tea Rooms, Earlswood Lakes Craft Centre Wood Lane 

happy to give you credit and link to a website/blog/twitter once the page on Full to the Brum is sorted. And I'll keep adding to it as my cycling adventures take me further!

Thanks
Laura

Views: 444

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok, scrub packington moor....hs2 has just landed on top of it :-(

Berry's Cafe (on Newlands Bishop Farm) out by Catherine De Barnes is nice, it's ran as a training facility for people with learning disabilities. There's the cafe and a farm with various livestock. Some nice country cycling around there too....

Website...  Berrys Cafe

I've just realised I have pictures ...

https://twitter.com/ShivajiShivaLaw/status/895964698075705344 

Shivaji Shiva said:

Heading South along the canal towpath towards Worcester, it is worth a stop in Stoke Prior for the Priory Cafe:  http://www.thepriorycafe.co.uk/

Have we had the Boston Tea Party in Corporation St?  Handy location, bike racks outside, great coffee and cake.

Seems to be becoming the venue for informal Big Birmingham Bikes meetings ;-)

Droitwich, in the shopping centre, several cafes but the cappuccino and the porridge are excellent at Coffee#1.

That would be this place ... m/ShivajiShivaLaw/status/916695602867720192
doug salmon said:

Droitwich, in the shopping centre, several cafes but the cappuccino and the porridge are excellent at Coffee#1.

After Saturday I'm saying that the Garden Room in Cannon Hill Park should be off the list of places worth a visit.  Group of hungry cyclists roll up, order simple food such as beans on toast, egg on toast, etc and then have to wait over an hour for it to come.  To add insult to injury two people's food had to be sent back as it was so bad!  It's not as though the place was heaving at the seems or anything!  And there was no warning about the wait when ordering.

I was there, and noted that you were struggling.  They are really good for cakes, coffee and ice cream. I don't think they have the staff to handle large numbers of hot food orders.

Yeah, I've lead rides from there in the past that have been delayed by the speed of hot food, though I attributed it to the proliferation of Parkrun types.

I think it is just the way they are.  I tend to go there rather than the MAC for snackage as I favour a sausage and egg sandwich over organic goat's cheese but beware if there are more than two orders.  They are fine for tea and buns

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Site Sponsors

Latest Activity

ARKrider posted a discussion

Hurst Street KEEP LEFT Please

Hello cyclists of Birmingham Just a safety post here for anyone who cycles Northbound along Hurst…See More
4 hours ago
Andrew George replied to Andrew W's discussion Front light recommendations
"I agree, Robert. I wish more people would get dipped/dip-able lights. My most recent trip down the…"
10 hours ago
Andrew George replied to Diesel Domestique's discussion Problem driver Harborne area V066WOX or VU67JSV
"Not sure about that precise driver/vehicle, but I got abuse shouted at me by a driver who…"
10 hours ago
Diesel Domestique replied to Diesel Domestique's discussion Problem driver Harborne area V066WOX or VU67JSV
"26th Sept last year, about 7 incidents since so he is local despite CKS' suggestion. Got good…"
yesterday
ian robathan commented on Steve Cooper's video
Thumbnail

15 minutes - a commuting tale (I swear again)

"Generally it is not too bad really but you get the odd one like this."
yesterday
Joanna Klaces replied to Andrew W's discussion Russell Road Again
"I am very sorry to hear this and so glad she is OK . I hope something will be done to make cycling…"
yesterday
Robert Jones replied to Robert Jones's discussion Rea Valley Route Stirchley Fordhouse Lane
"This housing development is going ahead. They’ve started work on clearing the site. Planning…"
yesterday
Matt Andrews replied to Andrew W's discussion Front light recommendations
"I'm a big fan of the See.Sense range: https://seesense.cc/ not the cheapest but fit your…"
yesterday
Kim replied to Andrew W's discussion Front light recommendations
"Some of B&M's newer dynamo lights have greatly improved the width of the beam.  You…"
yesterday
Steve Cooper commented on Steve Cooper's video
Thumbnail

15 minutes - a commuting tale (I swear again)

"Chad - I think your right about the dark evening, although I'm happier to stick to the…"
yesterday
Robert replied to Andrew W's discussion Front light recommendations
"60 lux should be sufficient for high speed cycling on unlit roads.   Mine is 35 lux, and…"
yesterday
Kim replied to Andrew W's discussion Front light recommendations
"It's about time someone came out with something like this.  I'm a big fan of the…"
yesterday
Andrew W replied to Andrew W's discussion Front light recommendations
"Thanks for that.  Can't find a UK stockist but I can get one shipped from Holland. …"
yesterday
LS replied to Diesel Domestique's discussion Problem driver Harborne area V066WOX or VU67JSV
"So he's a parasite"
Wednesday
CKS replied to Diesel Domestique's discussion Problem driver Harborne area V066WOX or VU67JSV
"Those are 'Worcestershire' registrations, it seems like he's commuting from there."
Wednesday
LS commented on LS's event 'Transport and Connectivity - Cities in Motion'
"More events during The Liveable City:Masterplanning and Housing – Putting People…"
Wednesday

© 2017   Created by LS.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service