Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

Cycle Jumble sale this Saturday 2nd March 2013 - £1 entry

Spotted this posted on CycleBirmingham Facebook Group.

Cycle Jumble sale this Saturday 2nd March 2013 - £1 entry

Organised by CTC
Erdington Church Centre, Station Rd, Erdington, Birmingham. B23 6TX (opposite Erdington train station)

Doors open at 10am
Event closes at 1pm but be aware that some sellers go home before that, when most of their stuff is sold so it pays to get there early.

There are pillars and railings outside the hall that you can lock bikes to, ideal to get train to. 

Most stalls sell second hand cycle components and accessories, a few have new stuff and a few have vintage/collectors items.
The club stand has some real bargains. Park Cycles - a local well respected touring shop - will also be there.

Refreshments available in the cafe area.

See http://www.northbirminghamctc.co.uk/ events.

I went last year and got a decent pair of used panniers for £10 which are still going strong.

Views: 845

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's a great event, although it gets very busy in there. Ideal for cycle non-snobs like me for picking up cheap bits and pieces.

Nothing special but sorted stuff from garage/bike shed last night. It's a great event and deep dive into Birmingham's cycling culture highly recommended!!!

Hope this goes well, I'll be looking forward to the next one as I'm currently at work this morning :(

They seem to be every six months?,  if they were a bit more regular they might attract a few more traders.

The North Brum one is once a year - attracts plenty of traders, the tables are always fully booked before hand.  Limited by space as to how many traders can actually be there.  The event is run by volunteers to help with club funds, thus once a year achieves the objectives fine.

There is one coming up in Nuneaton soon if you missed the Brum one.

Or Redditch next weekend

Or the Hare and Hounds on March 19th?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Nigel posted a discussion

Hats off to Den Caney Coaches

A few months ago I contacted Den Caney coaches when one of their drivers was, in my opinion, a…See More
19 minutes ago
Jon Ingram replied to David's discussion Old kryptonite tube key D-lock
"I have one that I've often thought of trying to open with a pen... but I don't want to…"
12 hours ago
Doug replied to Robert's discussion Birmingham's Cycling Ambition Grant Bid Successful
"I have seen in Nottingham  bollards that fold down - these are locked with a key and act…"
13 hours ago
Lucas replied to Andrew George's discussion Helmet cameras
"For a cheap option, this is worth a look. It's £40 on Ebay, you may even find it for…"
14 hours ago
TomJ commented on LS's photo
Thumbnail

Grand Union Canal

"The no access signs are gone, but the resurfacing is far from finished; there are areas with deep…"
15 hours ago
LS replied to Robert's discussion Birmingham's Cycling Ambition Grant Bid Successful
"Manchester…"
16 hours ago
Savlona replied to Robert's discussion Birmingham's Cycling Ambition Grant Bid Successful
"It's an easy win - a lot of children want to cycle to school and if decent infrastructure was…"
17 hours ago
Richard D replied to Andrew George's discussion Helmet cameras
"The Virb went back up to £185 pretty quickly. I've been keeping my eye on…"
18 hours ago
James Lee replied to Robert's discussion Birmingham's Cycling Ambition Grant Bid Successful
"Somewhere in the Building Planning Regulations, it says something about Fire Fighter’s…"
19 hours ago
Robert replied to Andrew George's discussion Helmet cameras
"I'm thinking of getting a Tony Hawks fridgecam so I can check the light goes off when I…"
20 hours ago
Kim replied to Andrew George's discussion Helmet cameras
"I'm so glad to see this page is still there... http://www.tony-hawks.com/skateboarding.php"
20 hours ago
Kim replied to Robert's discussion Birmingham's Cycling Ambition Grant Bid Successful
"Bollards. Let's close off vast swathes of residential streets to through motor traffic.…"
20 hours ago
Robert replied to Robert's discussion Birmingham's Cycling Ambition Grant Bid Successful
"It's just hype, IMHO.   I think they are going to concentrate their efforts more…"
21 hours ago
LS replied to Robert's discussion Birmingham's Cycling Ambition Grant Bid Successful
"Yes. It would reduce the number of parents driving their kids to school and some may take up…"
22 hours ago
James Lee replied to Robert's discussion Birmingham's Cycling Ambition Grant Bid Successful
"From Wikipedia.   “Dutch people took to the streets to protest against the high number…"
22 hours ago
""Better than Dutch" is not achievable for the whole city with the amount of money…"
22 hours ago

Badge

Loading…

© 2015   Created by LS.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service