Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

Cycle Jumble sale this Saturday 2nd March 2013 - £1 entry

Spotted this posted on CycleBirmingham Facebook Group.

Cycle Jumble sale this Saturday 2nd March 2013 - £1 entry

Organised by CTC
Erdington Church Centre, Station Rd, Erdington, Birmingham. B23 6TX (opposite Erdington train station)

Doors open at 10am
Event closes at 1pm but be aware that some sellers go home before that, when most of their stuff is sold so it pays to get there early.

There are pillars and railings outside the hall that you can lock bikes to, ideal to get train to. 

Most stalls sell second hand cycle components and accessories, a few have new stuff and a few have vintage/collectors items.
The club stand has some real bargains. Park Cycles - a local well respected touring shop - will also be there.

Refreshments available in the cafe area.

See http://www.northbirminghamctc.co.uk/ events.

I went last year and got a decent pair of used panniers for £10 which are still going strong.

Views: 832

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's a great event, although it gets very busy in there. Ideal for cycle non-snobs like me for picking up cheap bits and pieces.

Nothing special but sorted stuff from garage/bike shed last night. It's a great event and deep dive into Birmingham's cycling culture highly recommended!!!

Hope this goes well, I'll be looking forward to the next one as I'm currently at work this morning :(

They seem to be every six months?,  if they were a bit more regular they might attract a few more traders.

The North Brum one is once a year - attracts plenty of traders, the tables are always fully booked before hand.  Limited by space as to how many traders can actually be there.  The event is run by volunteers to help with club funds, thus once a year achieves the objectives fine.

There is one coming up in Nuneaton soon if you missed the Brum one.

Or Redditch next weekend

Or the Hare and Hounds on March 19th?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

David replied to Carol's discussion cars parked on cycle paths
"You don't need an MOT - just lights - as with skips placed on the road. Would be glad to help…"
8 minutes ago
Richard D replied to Carol's discussion cars parked on cycle paths
"While were on the topic of motorists ignoring painted lines on the Tarmac, what's the average…"
20 minutes ago
David replied to Carol's discussion cars parked on cycle paths
"Thanks for the alert. From Hansard: Pavement Parking Bill Presentation and First Reading (Standing…"
23 minutes ago
Dave Holladay replied to Carol's discussion cars parked on cycle paths
"Perhaps if we returned to the correct understanding about who provides roads and what those roads…"
31 minutes ago
Robert replied to Carol's discussion cars parked on cycle paths
"I've signed.   I live in an area where all the houses have plenty of off-street…"
31 minutes ago
Darren Cash replied to Lucas's discussion Touring with 28 spoke wheels
"Tour looks good. Enjoy the fish & chips in Whitby. Reckon I've had more than my fair…"
46 minutes ago
Profile IconRyan Stait and Sarah-Jane are attending Dee's event
Thumbnail

Birmingham Bikeathon at Starting Line: Broad Street

September 21, 2014 from 8am to 7pm
3 routes:26 Mile Cycle: £20 entry52 Mile Cycle:  £20 entry100 Mile Cycle: £45 entryBikeathon is…See More
1 hour ago
Darren Cash replied to Carol's discussion cars parked on cycle paths
"Happy to sign up. Fed up of being forced out into the road because someone felt it was better to…"
1 hour ago
Tim replied to Carol's discussion cars parked on cycle paths
"A blanket pavement ban would leave some very grey areas and problems in side…"
3 hours ago
david.cherry replied to Carol's discussion cars parked on cycle paths
"Please…"
3 hours ago
David replied to Savlona's discussion Police Commissioner Elections 21st August
"What a way to disenfranchise people. I can see why protest votes are so common. "
3 hours ago
Kim replied to Lucas's discussion Touring with 28 spoke wheels
"It'll probably be fine, but I agree with the advice about carrying spare spokes, because those…"
6 hours ago
Kim replied to Ricky's discussion Need a good bike in manchester
"Could be a habit from the pre-2000s Internet, when you couldn't make assumptions about the…"
7 hours ago
CKS replied to Ricky's discussion Need a good bike in manchester
"I wondered why he'd used GBP instead of a '£' sign, I was beginning to wonder…"
7 hours ago
Sarah-Jane replied to Ricky's discussion Need a good bike in manchester
"Or he could be someone who signed up with the sole purpose of spamming it with adverts for their…"
7 hours ago
Andy Webb is now a member of Birmingham Cyclist
8 hours ago

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by LS.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service