Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

Cycle Jumble sale this Saturday 2nd March 2013 - £1 entry

Spotted this posted on CycleBirmingham Facebook Group.

Cycle Jumble sale this Saturday 2nd March 2013 - £1 entry

Organised by CTC
Erdington Church Centre, Station Rd, Erdington, Birmingham. B23 6TX (opposite Erdington train station)

Doors open at 10am
Event closes at 1pm but be aware that some sellers go home before that, when most of their stuff is sold so it pays to get there early.

There are pillars and railings outside the hall that you can lock bikes to, ideal to get train to. 

Most stalls sell second hand cycle components and accessories, a few have new stuff and a few have vintage/collectors items.
The club stand has some real bargains. Park Cycles - a local well respected touring shop - will also be there.

Refreshments available in the cafe area.

See http://www.northbirminghamctc.co.uk/ events.

I went last year and got a decent pair of used panniers for £10 which are still going strong.

Views: 848

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's a great event, although it gets very busy in there. Ideal for cycle non-snobs like me for picking up cheap bits and pieces.

Nothing special but sorted stuff from garage/bike shed last night. It's a great event and deep dive into Birmingham's cycling culture highly recommended!!!

Hope this goes well, I'll be looking forward to the next one as I'm currently at work this morning :(

They seem to be every six months?,  if they were a bit more regular they might attract a few more traders.

The North Brum one is once a year - attracts plenty of traders, the tables are always fully booked before hand.  Limited by space as to how many traders can actually be there.  The event is run by volunteers to help with club funds, thus once a year achieves the objectives fine.

There is one coming up in Nuneaton soon if you missed the Brum one.

Or Redditch next weekend

Or the Hare and Hounds on March 19th?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

RobG replied to Andrew W's discussion Dynamic 100
"Thanks for the kind words - the sign removal was annoying, it was there when the route was checked…"
14 hours ago
David replied to LS's discussion Birmingham Cycle Route Data
"Mapped here: http://localview.birmingham.gov.uk/cycling/bham_cycling.html Some of the datasets are…"
20 hours ago
David replied to Jez Higgins's discussion Hit and run on Vicarage Road, Monday 11 May
"Am supposing it's at All Saints, as the postcode matches that end of Vicarage Road."
20 hours ago
LS posted a discussion

Birmingham Cycle Route Data

This might be interesting/useful ...…See More
yesterday
LS replied to Jez Higgins's discussion Hit and run on Vicarage Road, Monday 11 May
"Camera 61 is somewhere on Vicarage…"
yesterday
David replied to Jez Higgins's discussion Hit and run on Vicarage Road, Monday 11 May
"Yes, and there are a lot of buses along Vicarage Road - but the likelihood of one along…"
yesterday
LS replied to Jez Higgins's discussion Hit and run on Vicarage Road, Monday 11 May
"The CCTV I was thinking of was taken from a bus when a girl was knocked down on the crossing by…"
yesterday
"Greater likelihood of a bus going in the opposite direction. A miniscule chance."
yesterday
Sarah-Jane posted photos
Thursday
Sarah-Jane commented on Sarah-Jane's photo
Thumbnail

Bicing Barcelona dock

"Bike hire dock in front of the university. It's activated by a touch pad for your debit card"
Thursday
Diesel Domestique replied to Andy's discussion Bike Hire in Malaga Spain
"Flew with Monarch. No problem as nothing sticking out taht could hurt anyone and not too…"
Wednesday
John K replied to Jez Higgins's discussion Hit and run on Vicarage Road, Monday 11 May
"Park View Gallery is on corner opposite ? They might have CCTV."
Wednesday
Andy replied to Andy's discussion Bike Hire in Malaga Spain
"Do the airline accept the bike in a box? If so that's what I will do"
Wednesday
Andy Wood replied to Tomas's discussion Brompton Dock
"Spotted a van full of Brompton boxes unloading at the Snow Hill dock this evening.  Up and…"
Wednesday
Andy H replied to Steve Saltaire's discussion Grand Union Leamington/Offchurch this morning
"A quick update. I did a twilit ride from Shrewley to Warwick last night. They seem to have done…"
Wednesday
Ryan Stait commented on Sarah-Jane's photo
Thumbnail

Carrer Parallel Barcelona

"Was really impressed with cycling facilities in Barcelona when I went there in March. Lots of very…"
Wednesday

Badge

Loading…

© 2015   Created by LS.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service