Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

Cycle Jumble sale this Saturday 2nd March 2013 - £1 entry

Spotted this posted on CycleBirmingham Facebook Group.

Cycle Jumble sale this Saturday 2nd March 2013 - £1 entry

Organised by CTC
Erdington Church Centre, Station Rd, Erdington, Birmingham. B23 6TX (opposite Erdington train station)

Doors open at 10am
Event closes at 1pm but be aware that some sellers go home before that, when most of their stuff is sold so it pays to get there early.

There are pillars and railings outside the hall that you can lock bikes to, ideal to get train to. 

Most stalls sell second hand cycle components and accessories, a few have new stuff and a few have vintage/collectors items.
The club stand has some real bargains. Park Cycles - a local well respected touring shop - will also be there.

Refreshments available in the cafe area.

See http://www.northbirminghamctc.co.uk/ events.

I went last year and got a decent pair of used panniers for £10 which are still going strong.

Views: 897

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's a great event, although it gets very busy in there. Ideal for cycle non-snobs like me for picking up cheap bits and pieces.

Nothing special but sorted stuff from garage/bike shed last night. It's a great event and deep dive into Birmingham's cycling culture highly recommended!!!

Hope this goes well, I'll be looking forward to the next one as I'm currently at work this morning :(

They seem to be every six months?,  if they were a bit more regular they might attract a few more traders.

The North Brum one is once a year - attracts plenty of traders, the tables are always fully booked before hand.  Limited by space as to how many traders can actually be there.  The event is run by volunteers to help with club funds, thus once a year achieves the objectives fine.

There is one coming up in Nuneaton soon if you missed the Brum one.

Or Redditch next weekend

Or the Hare and Hounds on March 19th?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Site Sponsors

Latest Activity

ian robathan replied to Philip Whiteman's discussion Velo Midland 2018
"I guess the thing is the beauty of closed roads is that it attracts all abilities, I did not think…"
17 hours ago
Laura replied to Philip Whiteman's discussion Velo Midland 2018
"From what I heard from people in the support vans there were a large number of people who…"
yesterday
Shakey replied to Philip Whiteman's discussion Velo Midland 2018
"Route does not look great and not particularly taxing. I thought last year's velo was perfect…"
yesterday
ian robathan replied to ian robathan's discussion Audax
"ah yeah I saw that one and planning a 600km next year so that is one I am looking at "
yesterday
"shame really as all events I have taken part in no issues "
yesterday
Andy White replied to ian robathan's discussion Audax
"BCM = Bryan Chapman Memorial (600k and stupid climb) btw ;-)"
Tuesday
"BCM is beyond me now Ian ! I joined Audax 35 years ago and never got past a 600k. PBP 87 was…"
Tuesday
Kim replied to Philip Whiteman's discussion Velo Midland 2018
"They did last time.  No idea what's happening next year."
Monday
ian robathan replied to ian robathan's discussion Audax
"The ones I will keep Phil are the early season ones, for example done one from Garden every year…"
Monday
Philip Whiteman replied to ian robathan's discussion Audax
"Welcome to the dark side. Years ago I too made that transition.  I recall those heady days of…"
Monday
"Welcome to the 'family' and even more TLAs ... BCM, PBP, LEL ... ;-)"
Monday
James Russell replied to ian robathan's discussion Audax
"I've done the Kidderminster Killer myself.  A lovely day out if you don't mind a bit…"
Sunday
ian robathan posted a discussion

Audax

I will admit until this year I was sniffy about Audaxing, always thought Sportives were better and…See More
Sunday
"apart from TT ones, do they ban say tandems or recumbents then ? "
Saturday
Shakey replied to john butler's discussion Bourne brook pathway
"Fully open again last night although care needed in places as there  is a lot of loose gravel…"
Saturday
Kim replied to Philip Whiteman's discussion Velo Midland 2018
"Or at least those whose bikes aren't arbitrarily banned..."
Saturday

© 2018   Created by LS.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service