Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

Cycle Jumble sale this Saturday 2nd March 2013 - £1 entry

Spotted this posted on CycleBirmingham Facebook Group.

Cycle Jumble sale this Saturday 2nd March 2013 - £1 entry

Organised by CTC
Erdington Church Centre, Station Rd, Erdington, Birmingham. B23 6TX (opposite Erdington train station)

Doors open at 10am
Event closes at 1pm but be aware that some sellers go home before that, when most of their stuff is sold so it pays to get there early.

There are pillars and railings outside the hall that you can lock bikes to, ideal to get train to. 

Most stalls sell second hand cycle components and accessories, a few have new stuff and a few have vintage/collectors items.
The club stand has some real bargains. Park Cycles - a local well respected touring shop - will also be there.

Refreshments available in the cafe area.

See http://www.northbirminghamctc.co.uk/ events.

I went last year and got a decent pair of used panniers for £10 which are still going strong.

Views: 836

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's a great event, although it gets very busy in there. Ideal for cycle non-snobs like me for picking up cheap bits and pieces.

Nothing special but sorted stuff from garage/bike shed last night. It's a great event and deep dive into Birmingham's cycling culture highly recommended!!!

Hope this goes well, I'll be looking forward to the next one as I'm currently at work this morning :(

They seem to be every six months?,  if they were a bit more regular they might attract a few more traders.

The North Brum one is once a year - attracts plenty of traders, the tables are always fully booked before hand.  Limited by space as to how many traders can actually be there.  The event is run by volunteers to help with club funds, thus once a year achieves the objectives fine.

There is one coming up in Nuneaton soon if you missed the Brum one.

Or Redditch next weekend

Or the Hare and Hounds on March 19th?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

LS replied to Richard Smith's discussion Canal story
"But your chance of dying of boredom is much higher. Disclaimer: Only a joke."
1 hour ago
Richard Smith replied to Richard Smith's discussion Canal story
"I'm pretty sure your chance of being attacked at 5am or being pushed in the water are much…"
1 hour ago
CKS replied to Doug's discussion Making sure Bike Lights are effective - its that time of year again
"Just get a cheap LED - they look blue.  It's not unusual for vehicles in front of me…"
2 hours ago
CKS replied to Richard Smith's discussion Canal story
"Last night Channel 5 showed a programme called 'Burglars and Break-Ins: Caught on…"
3 hours ago
James Lee replied to Doug's discussion Making sure Bike Lights are effective - its that time of year again
"Wow. A rocker switch.   When its jangling about, it means you’re moving so tells the…"
4 hours ago
Andrew W replied to Doug's discussion Making sure Bike Lights are effective - its that time of year again
"These are clever.  Probably pointless, but clever http://seesense.co/ I get irritated by too…"
5 hours ago
Robert replied to Doug's discussion Making sure Bike Lights are effective - its that time of year again
"IMHO spoke reflectors are useful, as they increase your side-on visibility passing through…"
6 hours ago
Simon replied to John K's discussion A 5127 Lichfield Road
"I suppose that someone has to say it.......yet in Holland* they still have side roads and…"
6 hours ago
James Lee replied to Doug's discussion Making sure Bike Lights are effective - its that time of year again
"http://www.policebikestore.com/lights.htm   Here's an interesting site."
7 hours ago
Kim replied to Doug's discussion Making sure Bike Lights are effective - its that time of year again
"My problem with horns - at least when driving - is that whenever a situation arises where one would…"
15 hours ago
Kim replied to Doug's discussion Making sure Bike Lights are effective - its that time of year again
"I like the spoke reflectors, but I'm sceptical of their safety benefits (see my post above…"
15 hours ago
Doug replied to Doug's discussion Making sure Bike Lights are effective - its that time of year again
"I would consider a horn - it could be useful - I cross a few junctions where you have to watch…"
16 hours ago
Mark replied to Doug's discussion Making sure Bike Lights are effective - its that time of year again
"I always ride my bike with panniers fitted (the large Altura's) so motorists cannot see the…"
17 hours ago
"The problem there is that retroreflectives are out of the beam of a car's headlights while it…"
17 hours ago
Doug replied to Doug's discussion Making sure Bike Lights are effective - its that time of year again
"I think it is about psychology as well , making good your lights is about stating your case for…"
18 hours ago
Simon replied to Doug's discussion Making sure Bike Lights are effective - its that time of year again
"I agree good lighting and possibly hi-viz & reflective clothing/bike parts helps to show you…"
19 hours ago

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by LS.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service