Birmingham Cyclist

Cycling in and around Birmingham England

Anyone else out there encountered "problems" previously with V066 WOX, a Jaguar SUV in the Court Oak Road, Lordswood Road, Harborne Park Road, St Mary's (Abbey Road) and Barlows Road areas? Now believed to be driving Jaguar SUV VU67JSV (so current owner of older car not person concerned). Problem is male, 40s, grey beard, woolly hat. Started with a complete anger explosion after being overtaken in stationary queue one morning when area was gridlocked (choice language and called me a "pervert" which was a bit weird) and has continues with horn blowing, hand gestures, deliberately moving to block the left hand side gap against the kerb in stationary traffic, etc. Thinks drops spouse (God help her having to deal with that Mr Angry) at the QE/University area from encounters and reverses journey.

Views: 197

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How long has this been going on? I would wait until he's stuck in traffic and take a photo for evidence if needed later (and to wind him up a bit more).

Those are 'Worcestershire' registrations.  If he's comming from a rural location he won't be used to the Birmingham traffic.

So he's a parasite

CKS said:

Those are 'Worcestershire' registrations.  If he's comming from a rural location he won't be used to the Birmingham traffic.

26th Sept last year, about 7 incidents since so he is local despite CKS' suggestion. Got good video image of him from his first meltdown!

Not sure about that precise driver/vehicle, but I got abuse shouted at me by a driver who subsequently forced me off the road in Harborne last summer. I noted down the plates and called 101, who took details down and then told me to make a statement at the local police station. Next morning, I went to the local station, where there was no interest at all from the officer at the front desk about doing anything about a traffic offense. After he'd had a few minutes to talk about the problems with NIPs, evidence, near-total lack of officers for road policing, etc., I asked whether the police could handle it as a public order offense. "Yes, we can definitely do that." From there, it took about two minutes for him to look up the vehicle on his computer and take down my details to start processing things.

...that took rather longer to explain that I thought it would, but the upshot was that officers were round to the owner's house to warn them about their behaviour and that there would be a note on file of this warning.

So if you pass the footage on to the police (at least if its anyone other than the WMP traffic bods), public order seems to be the way forward!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Site Sponsors

Latest Activity

Hugh Willliams replied to Andrew W's discussion Route Reccomendations
"I haven't done it, but I did plan the attached route. Good to view it on bikehike.co.uk where…"
6 hours ago
Andrew W posted a discussion

Route Reccomendations

This might be a useful topic in general but as a specific query:  I am planning on cycling to Stoke…See More
12 hours ago
LS replied to LS's discussion Edgbaston Tunnel Tow Path Widening
"Steady on Danny MacAskill "
Thursday
Keith Dodds replied to LS's discussion Edgbaston Tunnel Tow Path Widening
"Who's wondering if they could bunny hop down all that now :-)"
Thursday
Peter Leadbetter is now a member of Birmingham Cyclist
Thursday
"I think it will open on Friday 18th May if not sooner."
Thursday
UoB Smartmover replied to LS's discussion Edgbaston Tunnel Tow Path Widening
"It's not due to open for another…"
Thursday
"It wasn't two hours ago.  "
Wednesday
On Your Bike replied to LS's discussion Edgbaston Tunnel Tow Path Widening
"Hello Does anyone know if the towpath is open now? Thanks Adam"
Wednesday
Robert Jones replied to Robert Jones's discussion Rea Valley Route Stirchley Fordhouse Lane
"Is there any hope of getting anyone from BCC to get involved in this? Any ideas anyone. It's…"
Tuesday
Andrew George replied to Andrew George's discussion Any sheffield stands in the Jewelry quarter
"Hello LS, Thanks very much! I replied to that consultation when it was open, as there's a…"
Apr 15
LS replied to Andrew George's discussion Any sheffield stands in the Jewelry quarter
"There are 3 stands on the edge of Golden Square behind Rose Villa Tavern. Some at the train/metro…"
Apr 13
Andrew George posted a discussion

Any sheffield stands in the Jewelry quarter

Hello everyone!I'm hoping to tap into other's knowledge of cycle parking in and around the city…See More
Apr 13
LS posted events
Apr 12
Kim replied to LS's discussion A38 Work to start end of February
"I went and found the original artist's impression, and that just showed magic paint, which is…"
Apr 12
LS replied to LS's discussion A38 Work to start end of February
"I noticed it looks like it will be raised about a foot above the grass and wonder if there will be…"
Apr 11

© 2018   Created by LS.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service