The Birmingham Bicycle Club
Birmingham Cycling: Everything You Need to Know
In Birmingham, there is nothing as fancy as cycling. That is right. But you will find it more enthralling if you join a cycling club and use a great Birmingham bicycle. To get you started, here is everything you need to know about Birmingham cycling.
Cycling Clubs in Birmingham
Cycling clubs have become very helpful for people who want to get more from their Birmingham bicycle.They offer activities such as bike training, maintenance, bikes, led rides and bike recycling among others. The clubs are the hallmark for improving fitness, having fun, and gaining confidence especially if you target competitive cycling. It is particularly critical to have specific goals when selecting a cycling club. Here are the main Birmingham bicycle clubs that you should consider joining.
- Beacon Cycling Club.
- Halesowen Cycling Club
- Cannon Hull Cycling Club.
- Birmingham Monarchs Cycle Speedway Club.
- Longbridge Cycling Club.
The Best Cycling Equipment
Whether you cycle for fun or competitions, it is prudent to ensure that you have the right equipment. They not only help to guarantee your safety, but they are also very useful in making riding on the cycle routes easy and fun. Here are the best cycling equipment pieces that you should use.
- A Birmingham bicycle designed for your specific racing needs. For example, do you want a bicycle for urban riding or mountain cycling?
- Padded pants to keep you comfortable on the bicycle seat.
- A helmet. Though you might not be compelled to have a helmet by law, it is a very important piece of equipment to keep you safe in case of a fall when riding your Birmingham bicycle.
- A cycle computer on your Birmingham bicycle can help to track how fast and far you have cycled. Though you can use your smartphone, cycle computers are recommended because they are easy to fix on the handlebars and use.
- Cycling jersey, especially if you want to participate in competitive cycling.
- Water bottle and water cage. This is very important to quench thirst when cycling.
- Cycling boots. As you pick the best Birmingham bicycle, you will also be encouraged to get the right cycling boots. They help you get extra control on the pedal and make landing safe.
For cycling fanatics, there is nothing as inspiring as seeing competitors race in different tournaments. Here are the main cycling tournaments that you need to know about.
Milan-San Remo (Italy)
This tournament was started in 1907 and covers a total of 187 miles. It is held in March and has won the tag Sprinter’s Classic. In the race, the winner is not necessarily the one who finishes the first, but the one who makes no or least mistakes in the lengthy journey.
Tour De France
This is with no doubt the one cycling competition that attracts the best riders from the entire world and is watched by millions of fans. It was started in 1902 and covers between 2000 and 2200 miles. Indeed, every race is seen by riders as training for the next event. No matter how good a rider is with bicycles, Tour de France is always a challenge.
World Track Championships
This is another global cycling event that attracts a lot of riders. The cycling competition was first done in 1983 and is held annually in a different country decided by the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI).
Because of the popularity of cycling tournaments, many people like to bet on them. One of the best ways of doing this is through online casinos that allow sports betting. One impressive thing about online casinos is that bettors are allowed to place their bets for free using casino bonuses and winning real money. To bet on an online casino and take advantage of the casino bonus, the first thing is identifying a legal casino site. This is an online casino that is allowed to operate in your area. Then, go ahead and check the casino bonus on offer to place your bets free. Remember that a legal casino with an impressive mobile casino allows you to take advantage of the casino bonus, enjoy betting for free on the go, and win real money rewards.
The Best Cycling Routes in the UK
If you have your Birmingham bicycle ready, you will need one more thing before hitting the road: knowing the cycle routes. Depending on the cycle routes of choice, you have the opportunity to explore the picturesque countryside and keep your body fit. Indeed, most people consider different cycle routes as the perfect method of touring Birmingham and the entire UK. Here are the best routes to consider:
- Box Hill Olympic Circuit in London (65 kilometers).
- The Camel Trail in Cornwall (25 kilometers).
- The Settle Circular in Yorkshire (62 kilometers).
- Evan Valley in Powys, Wales (29 kilometers).
Whether you simply want to have some fun or keep the body healthy, cycling will never disappoint. This page has emphasized that you need the right bike like a Birmingham bicycle, proper equipment, and knowledge of cycle routes. It is also very helpful if you join a cycling club.